All Applications must be submitted ONLINE through the APPLICATION PORTAL. You must complete an application form by answering a series of mandatory questions and uploading additional documents and identification materials. After submission, you will receive a confirmation email of receipt .
Only one nominated person from the business is able to join the program.
Selection of the applicants will take place from the close of the Application by the ZEISS entrepreneurial program and an independent Selection Committee would work on the selection process.
At the end of each session two ideas would be chosen. These ideas would receive capital funding of up to GHC100,000. This funding would also come with managerial support from mentors who would ensure the businesses see a successful execution. If the growth of the businesses need further funding, this would be provided per a specific arrangement which would be agreed by both parties.
All applications will be judged based on these criterium:
- Feasibility of the business idea.
- Market Opportunity: knowledge and understanding of the market, customers and competitors for their idea/business.
- Financial Understanding: understanding of the basic financial requirements of running a business, costs and revenues.
- Scalability: Demonstrates potential for replication and growth of their product or service to create jobs and wealth.
- Leadership Potential : Demonstrate leadership potential, capable of attracting people, customers and resources.
Successful applicants will be notified via the email address designated in the initial application. The list of selected entrepreneurs will also be posted on the website and other platforms.
If Applicants are selected, Applicants will be expected to:
- complete a self-declaration form,
- provide proof of valid ID,
- provide a personal bank statement from the past 6 months,
- provide a statement of current personal debts,
- provide a reference from an employer, bank and/or academic institutions;
- Provide business bank account details
Due to the high number of people who apply to the program, Here are a few possible reasons why your application was not successful:
- You did not complete the application
- Your business or idea is more than 3 years old
- Your business or idea is not based in Africa
- Your descriptions in one or more sections of the application was not clearly described
- Your application did not meet other eligibility criteria
- You scored low in one or more of the selection criteria.
Ensure that you review the selection criteria in the next programme cycle and be sure to describe your business plan or idea such that every aspect of the business or idea (i.e. description, market, customer acquisition, financials etc.) is fully covered.
Yes. There is a waiting list. If any of the selected 1000 do not claim their places by the set deadline, the next best entrepreneur from the waiting list will be chosen before commencement of the programme cycle.
Yes. We will open the platform for applications every year. Each applicant will be required to put in a fresh application. We believe the elapsed time should serve to refresh your interest in your entrepreneurial objectives, and there might be new developments to include in the application.
What information or identification do I need to provide in my application?
You must answer all the mandatory questions in the